Thursday, October 7, 2010

F.R.I.E.N.D.S........ my friends

Friends.......simple word but has lots of meaning to it..........a just hi friend, a friend whom you smile or wave at once in a while, a friend whom you remember always but dont call frequently to check how are they, a friend as important as anyone in your family, a friend whom you consider your soul mate.........

In my life, friends have always been my major support..... I share anything and everything with them.... just a few of them whom I hold very close to me, but what impact they leave me is beyond any words or expressions..... Being in a different city makes me miss my friends back in Pune..Pune has all the sweet memories........

My mom always used to worry about me when I was a kid and when other kids would be mean to me or tease me for me being bespecatcled,ugly, whatever..... I would run to her if someone hurt me bad or make fun of me and cry.and she would be nice and wipe my tears.but her fears never wiped out for me....... As I grew up slowly, I started turning into a hot tempered girl, call it adolscense or anger of being an ugly duckling... dont know but developed a complex for sure......

Shraddhu at my wedding.
I found a great gem at school in my friend Shraddha Shenoy...... She was one who understood me and be there for me... Wild memories remind me of myself and her going to karate in school as extra circular activity, eating tiffins together in school break (she would love to eat Akki Rotti i.e. Rice flour thalipit and especially the part which would be more cooked), having madras cafe toffees in school canteen, she was tour guide when we had gone to Goa (Shraddhu's native place) for a school trip........ We had lot of fun together and she is only friend of mine with whom I have been in touch with ,since we left school......... Whenever I used to visit Pune, I would visit her and she and I just would hang out atleast once and share whatever we had not updated about each other in long time........ She shares this amazing rapport with her mom, which I like a lot and she is big bully though she is just 3 days elder to me........ But I love her the way she is, her grace and her easy nature.......

At my residence in Pune, my friends were Teja Kale, Neeta Kashikar, Ashwini Shirsathe, Sayali Kale, Sayali Bhide, Anuradha Vaidya......... we were a gang of girls who used to play together, in later years sit on benches we marked as our own, share each and every thing with each other...... My deadline to get back home was 7.00 pm, being from a south indian family values, but deadline would alwasy extend to 7.30, 8.00, sometimes even 9.00............ Ah...I would hate the time when my dad would see me coming up the stairs, giving me a killer look and a look at the wall clock..... to indicate I was late..........

Later as we grew up, I saw Teju starting to focus on her singing classes and riyaaz (practice) which she would do without....... Music is like blood running in her........ She always wanted to be a singer and she never shifted her focus from it and now is Masters in the subject....... She drifted slowly apart in her thirst for music knowledge, which later on made her to stay in Kolkatta, Lucknow and Mumbai...... She is the most focussed person about her career, we had in our gang and even if we just happen call on each other's birthday, we tend to share this amazing bond that we know anything, anytime we are there for each other.........




Neetu, my friend, my elder sister, the one liner queen and incredible person in my life......She is a person whom I think my life is incomplete without....... She has this incredible positivity to her and she makes everyone happy around her. She does not hurt anyone on purpose and keeps mum in her biggest tension time....... I and Neetu, in later years of my stay in Pune, were inseperable.We would eat patties from jawadekar, eat pani puri or 5 rupee kurkure, drive in rain and sing songs loudly on road while driving, sit on some or other bridge behind my palti (two wheeler) and pass comments and check out cute guys, when we were bored we would just make different laughing noises and laugh on the way noises were made...... Anyone who saw us alone would ask where is my or her better half, in absence of other person.She is such a lovely person to be with and I forget all my tensions with her....She is a person who knows me so well that she can make out what am I thinking at that moment or what I feel about something.We speak same words same time and think alike that few friends would actually think we are doing it on purpose....... Whether purposely or mere destiny, I found my soul mate in Neetu.........

Shilpa (I love calling her shilps, goes with her overall cool personality) is my college friend right from 11th to our graduation..... Though not great friends in initial 2 years, we lived our lives together literally from morning to evening for next 3 years..We would go to college, bunk lectures, go to the very next IMDR canteen, eat misal daily even if we werent hungry and share 12 rupees per plate kharcha,which later became 15 rupees, go to CA tuitions together, I would distract her and make her bunk tuitions and we would have dabeli on tilak road or just hang out,....... I think I picked up my hobby to collect new handbags and new footwears style from Shilps...... She has a lovely fashionista inside her but  she splurges out when shopping. She introduced me to Fashion street in Pune, she introduced me to whole new angle on fashion...She likes collecting all good things may it be ear tops, handbags, clothes, footwear...... Shilps is a very free natured, nothing hideous in mind person..... She is honest and does not speak one and think another....... She is one friend I visit time to time here in Bangalore,since her work got her transferred to this city, just when my marriage was to happen........

Any news from these people excites me like Shraddhu's marriage which I went and attended in Mumbai, Teju's grades and achievements in her Masters, Shilpa's Oriflame membership to market the products in her free time....But today, I just thank god every day to tell him that even if I am no friends with whole city, I am thankful to have such 4 incredible friends, who make me smile, burst in laughter, shed a tear for when in pain and more importantly, just being there for me......... For us, Distance does not matter, feelings does, may it be overseas, different city or just 5 kms apart........


From left to right: Teja, Neeta, Me, Shraddha, Shilpa....... In my marriage.....

This one is dedicated to my best friends whom I will always remember till my last breath and beyond................

Love,
Preeti............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts