Monday, October 4, 2010

Introduction



Well Thats me......... Preeti.Chandrashekar-Vaidya......... Wonder why two surnames......well, Chandrashekar is not my surname but my dad's name....... I am a south indian brahmin girl born in Bangalore and we generally add our dad's name after our name. Vaidya is my surname post marriage........ Though conflict of thought and a bit of emotion involved whether to give up my dad's name post marriage or not as is the custom in India.

But it happens so that I realised that my biggest strength in life is my dad and his mere presence in life is just a honour for a girl like me...... To give up my dad's name is to give up who I am, my self confidence, my upbringing, my strength....... I would not recognise myself without it and also not relate to any other name.......

So thats my thoughts on surname..........  Well thanks to my bro, I learnt how to start blogging... I heard it but had never done it before...... Well today was the day I thought I would start......

I am a simple girl with simple thoughts........ a self confident girl, independant, likes to shop, hang out with my friends, likes to cook and expermient on my husband all new dishes, travel, trek, watch movies, etc etc..

I was always given all the opportunity in life to excel and stand on my own by my parents......... My mom and dad were pillar of any decision I took in life......... I consider myself very lucky to have such a great family.....And what is silver lining to this is my hubby Anup, who is very kind, supportive and ever there for me......... My parents gave me all the liberties and all freeedom in life,treated me as equal to a son......... They embarked upon me all the great values in life which I am making use of at this point in my life.........

Currently I am staying in Bangalore, which also happens to be my native or my birth place...you see both mom and dad are from bangalore originally.... At home being youngest, I would compete with my bro, Ashok for everything, from room to the time till which we should return back to home on new year night...... What was holding good to him was also true to me........ I always competed with him but on right note....... He is the bestest bro one can have and also a big time bully if he finds something wrong with me.now a days my weight.......

Ma is one person whom i admire a lot...she stood with us all the time..... she likes to go shopping with me on laxmi road and tulasibagh in pune, our once upon a time home........ she likes to enjoy all good things in life and be surrounded by people she love....... she somehow has turned into my kandaka ajji.( meaning granny who wears spectacles..)

Well thats it from my side today...... with a band aid finger i think this is enough thoughts to type today........

Keep reading for my upcoming blogs and post comments, if you like it...........

Love always,
Preeti.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Translate

Followers

Popular Posts